Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce – on your table in less than 30 minutes with the most velvety, flavor infused sauce you will be dreaming about for days!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 green bell pepper sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 13.5 oz. coconut milk (I like Chaokoh)
- 1 cup salsa verde mild - (I like Herdez in the jar)
- 1 cup mango roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded, deveined
- 3-5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce optional
- cilantro chopped
Add all of the Coconut Mango Verde Sauce ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Heat oil over medium high heat in large nonstick skillet until very hot. Add chicken and cook just until most pieces are no longer pink then add bell peppers and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce and cook just until chicken is completely cooked and sauce is heated through. Taste and add additional brown sugar for sweeter, Sriracha for spicier or lime for tangier. Garnish with optional fresh cilantro. Serve with rice.